Provide a framework for the Orchard CMS to allow recurring scheduled items.
The purpose of this project is to provide a framework for creating Orchard content items with a recurring schedule. The primary intent is to allow for the creation of a flexible calendar within Orchard.
The calendar layout from http://orchardcalendarlayout.codeplex.com
has been merged into this project as a separate feature.
Currently, the schedule allows for the following recurrence types:
- Daily (e.g. Every 4 days)
- Weekly (e.g. Every two weeks on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
- Monthly by Day (e.g. The 20th of every month)
- Monthly by Week and Day (e.g. The 3rd Wednesday of every month)
- Yearly (e.g. November 12 of every year)
Additionally, the Monthly by Day and Monthly by Week and Day recurrences can be based on the end of the month. For example:
- The last Monday of every month
- 10 days from the end of every month
Also, the start dates can be offset by -6 to 6 days. This allows for a recurrence such as:
- The day after the next to last Tuesday of each month
With the simple template, specific instances of a recurrence can be excluded by specifying the start date.
Future plans include adding an advanced scheduling interface to allow parsed statements such as:
- first and third Monday and Wednesday each month between May and November
- or, one day before the first Tuesday of each month
Long term plans include the possibility to filter dates based on tags/terms of other schedule parts.